Are You Using Video Clips for Your Vacation Rental Property?
Written By Kathy Kappus
Essential Tips on Social Media for Vacation Homeowners
Think of how often you stop and watch videos on social media versus just reading someone’s update? If you are like most people browsing social media websites, those video clips are what keep you on someone’s post longer than reading the text alone.
Video clips for property rentals are largely an untapped realm that you can explore and help fill vacancies for your properties with ease – but only if you do them right.
Tips to Create Engaging Social Media Videos of your Home or Condo
Whether you one property or ten, you want engaging videos that highlight what there is to offer in each one and get people interested in what is available. Some ways you can do this include:
- Converting your most popular blog posts about your properties into quick video clips as well. You already have traffic to that blog; why not use that to help build more social media engagement with your videos?
- Look at the competition in your condo complex or community and see what videos they showcase and what works best for them.
- Make sure the video captures attention immediately; because the autoplay on social media means you need the viewer to be engaged in seconds.
- Design a video that also works when the sound is off since most people will browse Facebook and Twitter without the volume on.
- Remember that most of your viewers will be on mobile devices, so your video size should adjust automatically to that smaller screen.
- Show off your property and then link them to your property listing(s).
Most modern smartphones can capture video for you. You could do something as simple as showing off a new upgrade in your rental or even capturing an event near your rentals that people could enjoy if they were to stay in the area.
Show off your rentals with videos on your social media channels. Call us now at 844-306-2210 to learn more about how we can help promote your rental properties or fill out our online form to get started.