Career Opportunities at RedAwning
Join the fastest growing marketing and reservations solution for vacation rentals in the industry.
Join the Emeryville-based startup that’s transforming the way people travel. We’re the fastest, easiest, safest way to distribute, market and book a vacation rental.
A note on fraud prevention: RedAwning will never attempt to recruit or interview for job openings via SMS/Text Message, or by using anonymous or generic (e.g. @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc.) email accounts. We will only ever communicate with applicants via an official company @redawning.com email address. Further, we will never ask you to share personal information, other than what you choose to include in a resume or cover letter, until after you have interviewed with an actual human being. Verification works both ways. If in doubt, please contact email@example.com for assistance. Thank you.
Client Services Team Representative
Client Services Team Representative
Location: Emeryville (Bay Area), CA
Job Type: Full Time, Salary
Hours: 9am-5:30pm (Monday – Friday)
Do you pay close attention to details? Do you love to learn and proactively look for new opportunities? Join our hot tech start-up and be instrumental in the rapid growth and success of our innovative business! RedAwning, a fast-growing leader in the vacation rental industry, is seeking a proactive, motivated, detail-oriented person to play a pivotal role as the liaison between our Guest Services team, our property managers, developers, and Technical Support teams.
Department: Client Services
Reports to: Director of Client Services
Position Summary: The successful candidate will become a key member in our Client Services team and will have a strong understanding of vacation rental host care as well as strong communication skills. The candidate will enjoy servicing hosts’ listing and reservation-related issues, be comfortable speaking to property managers on a high level and have a strong understanding of the market in order to provide property managers with front-line assistance. The successful candidate will also know how to succinctly explain and pass off issues to Operations Managers, Technical Support, and Sales Team Members for resolution. This position requires fast, hard work, attention to detail, and the ability to know when a property manager needs extra care, general relationship-building, or technical support.
This position works very closely with the Host Success Team, the Guest Services Team, Technical Support, Development Teams, and the Sales team, and has plenty of room for the right candidate to progress quickly and become a major player in the achievements of this exciting company. As the Client Services Team expands, there will be lots of room for moving up from this front-line position.
RedAwning is an Emeryville-based company that provides sophisticated distribution channel management, lead response, and customer service to managers and owners of vacation rental homes, condos and apartments. It is also a website providing instant, hotel-style reservations to travelers and travel agents for over 40,000 properties in thousands of destinations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities, include but are not limited to the following:
- Support property managers by providing excellent service via phone, chat and email
- Stay up to date on product and technology changes in order to provide accurate and thorough support to clients
- Advocate for customer and internal needs by suggesting listing and process improvements
- Adhere to and excel in productivity and quality levels in support of world-class service standards
- Build positive rapport and communicate appropriately with diverse clients
- Maintain accurate records of property manager and guest interactions and resolutions; record details of actions taken; and maintain customer databases on CRM and other internal systems
- Explore back-end software integrations and API’s to troubleshoot listing and reservation errors
- Become comfortable with frequently used software such as MySQL and SOAP
- Assist in the maintenance of existing listings and the publication of new ones
Qualifications: Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years in sales, customer service, or related field
- Experience in travel, hospitality or real estate industries is a plus
- Technical troubleshooting experience is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with CRM systems required
Abilities and Attributes:
- Ability to take initiative, learn quickly and be a great problem solver
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of client situations with empathy and understanding
- Must be responsible, dependable, and extremely well-organized
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team
- Strong computer skills – we do everything in the cloud, and you will need to set up, maintain, and use a variety of services
- The work environment is an open office environment with business casual attire
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and printers
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary with lots of potential for growth based on your success and ours
- Fully Paid Medical Coverage for yourself with optional dental and vision plans as an add on at employee’s expense
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Fun, Emeryville- Based office with flexible hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested and qualified persons may apply by emailing your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of résumés we receive it is impossible for us to contact each candidate individually; therefore, if your résumé is selected, we will contact you for an interview.
RedAwning provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.